Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michaleo
Officer

re: Gorgoroth Lootbox results

I've been tracking what I got from Gorgoroth Steel-Bound Lootboxes since the Update 21.2 (the contents were different before then). To date, I've opened 120 lootboxes. (I don't buy keys, but get them doing the dailies on Michaleo, Nodread and Wrytune.) 

A major reason to open the lootboxes is to get Ashes of Gorgoroth that can be bartered for gear. Here is what I got:

Ashes Count Percent

Total Ashes

20 70 58% 1400
40 38 32% 1520
100 5 4% 500
200 6 5% 1200
400 1 1% 400
Total 120   5020

This gives an average of 42 ashes per lootbox. But wait, there's more. The lootboxes can contain a cosmetic item Replica of Something that can be turned into 80 ashes. I got 15 Replicas (13% of lootboxes) for another 1200 ashes, raising the average to 52 ashes per lootbox.

Lootboxes also contain items that may or may not be useful. Here is what I've seen:

Count Percent Item
15 13% Replicas (80 Ashes)
14 12% Pet Tomes
37 31% Shadowed Essence
2 2% Empowered Shadow Essence
2 2% Glowing Essence of Light
3 3% Silver Signet of the Armsmaster
9 8% Teal Item Level 330-332 usable item
38 32% Purple Item Level 330-334

Most of the essences were not useful to me, since Empowered Shadow essences can easily be crafted and are the best essences for level 115 gear at the moment.

A Silver Signet of the Armsmaster can be bartered for a purple Item Level 330 shield or offhand weapon. Unfortunately, they are bound to character, so they may not be useful to the character that gets them.

Since I was planning to upgrade to teal Item Level 330 ash or allegiance gear, the purple items were not useful in the long run. However, those 38 items did produce another 760 ashes.

The teal items were equal to or better than what I would have bartered ashes or allegiance rep for, so they saved the cost of those items. If I really couldn't use a teal item, it could be turned into 80 ashes.

Of course, the contents are generated randomly, so your results may be different. But this should give you a rough idea of what to expect.

Gorgoroth Steel-bound Lootboxes drop pretty frequently and generally be obtained for a few gold if you don't get enough. Black Steel Keys have been selling for over 200g. If you don't need ashes for gear, you may want to see what else you could buy with that much gold.

Successor

Awarded:

I assume the lootboxes drop other stuff and you're only listing what you have gotten.

I'm trying to find out where, besides lootboxes, the Gold Signets come from. I've gotten a silver but I'd prefer a gold for that teal shield.

Gab

I assume there might be other items, but they would be relatively rare. Because things are random, even 120 lootboxes is s small sample. I wanted to document how much ash I got, and what else of use there was.

The forums report both silver and gold signets as well as chest and leg armour drop in the Seregost and Naerband instance chests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: