Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michaleo
Officer

re: Update 23 notes

I'll post things I figure out about Update 23. Feel free to add anything you think might be helpful.

The main quest line starts with Thorin in Erebor. The Black Book continues with Gandalf near the throne in Erebor. Both have you run around Erebor before sending you to the Ironfold. You might as well do both up to where you get sent there, so you'll have a bunch of quests to do without having to retrace your steps.

Sturdy Steel Keys can open only older Bronze-bound to Anorien Iron-bound lootboxes. Older Gorgoroth Steel-Bound lootboxes require a Black Steel Key.

The new Traveller's lootboxes are scaled for levels 30-105 and the new Adventurer's lootboxes are scaled 116-120. The new lootboxes require a Black Steel Key.

Officer

Both the Black Book quest line and the main quest line have you run around Erebor before sending you to the Ironfold. You might as well do both Erebor parts before heading to the new area.

The Black Book 7.4 quest Iron Road bugged for me. The quest sends you to Jarnfast and gives you a set of tasks to do on the way. You need to do 4 of them.

Do the tasks but do not go to Jarnfast before it tells you to do so. I made the mistake of tagging the Jarnfast stable before I finished 4 of the tasks, and they stopped advancing. I had to cancel and go back to Gandalf to get the quest again.

P.S Since I posted this, I've heard many reports of this quest bugging, and it may be random or the failure trigger may be something other than going to Jarnfast. All I can report is that I did go to Jarnfast before I completed the tasks the first time and it failed, and that I was able to complete it the second time when I didn't go to Jarnfast until the quest told me to.

Last edited by Michaleo on October 11, 2018 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Officer

There is another tier of reputation above kindred for the Dwarves of Erebor. Respected is 45,000 more rep. So far, I've only seen some pets and housing items that require Respected. Some quests in Jarnfast give Erebor rep, and if you have Rusted Scimitars, you can turn in tasks in Erebor.

There is a new rep faction, Grey Mountains Expedition. Task items in the new area give that rep.

Officer

I had two quest instances bug on me. Here are some mostly spoiler-free warnings:

At the end of a bunch of quests in Utterby, you get a quest instance where you go inside. As often happens, after a lot of drama to lull you to sleep, a fight breaks out. Once outside, I ended up kiting to stay alive, but got separated from the NPCs. When I found them, there was a quest ring, but it told me I did not have permission when I tried to click on it. I cancelled the quest and did it again. This time, being prepared, I stayed with the NPCs. I was able to click on them successfully when we got to the end.

There is another quest instance inside Jarnfast where you have to click on a large number of different items. (I don't recall the exact sequence, but I clicked on many items multiple times before something happened. I don't know if I just finally found the one to click or if it was necessary to click some multiple times. Anyhow, afaik that part worked as intended.) Several steps after that, you are asked to click on something ominous, but it was not lit up and could not be clicked. I tried relogging before considering cancelling the lengthy quest instance, and the item was glowing and clickable.

Officer

You can trade 20 Longbeard Marks (the tokens you get for quests) for 500 Embers of Enchantment (which you can barter for gear) every 3 days. Accept and complete the quest from the Quartermaster Dwarf-holds Rewards (34.7N, 45.4W) in Skarnhald.

Officer

Stormwall is an area up a long path of mobs to fight through.

Somehow, I got two quests Crafts of Old and Trusted Tools to collect things there. I resisted doing those quests until I got the quest The Perilous Path that sent me there.

You crawl around the structure collecting things and eventually find a door. Be sure to finish collecting things outside before you go in. Inside, you will click on something that will start a quest instance. When that quest instance completes, it will port you back to Skarhald. You don't want to have to fight your way back to Stormwall to finish collecting things.

Officer

I have finished the quest lines in Ironfold and the Grey Mountains. I did not use XP accelerators (other than the daily VIP bonus), and ended up 1,200,000 XP short of level 120. I did the bounty quests and turned in task items as I collected them.

I was able to open the resource instances when I completed the umbrella quest The State of the Expedition, although I was still level 119.

I did use rep accelerators and still ended up 10,000 short of kindred.

I earned 360 Marks of the Longbeards. Note that, unlike all previous landscape currency, there is a cap of 500. You continue to earn them doing the instances.

If I were to turn all the quest gear I got into Embers of Enchantment, I would get 2,500.

We get a level 115 teal cloak when we finish Black Book 8.7. Unfortunately, it can't hold any of the new essences. Once you have completed 8.7, you can barter (for 1 Mark of the Longbeards) to get a corresponding Perfected cloak that is level 120 and can hold the top essences. The 115 cloak can be turned into 400 embers.

Last edited by Michaleo on October 27, 2018 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Officer

When you finish The State of the Expedition, you open up three daily resource instances. These are different from the three Grey Mountain instances in the instance finder, which are available earlier (you have to discover the entrances for those).

The resource instances are available from Strahek the Stout by the Skarhald stablemaster. You get the quest and enter the one hour timed instance, like at Udun in Mordor. Glimmerdeep has skarn, Oinsbridge has wood, and Thikil-gundu has scholar nodes. Be sure to take the collection quest from Mozhek next to Strahek before entering the instance.

As usual, there are mobs to defeat and things to collect inside as well as nodes you can use. The boss quest is the one that is timed, so you must defeat him, exit the instance and turn in the quest within an hour of taking the quest. There is also an optional side boss that is a fellowship quest (one I saw had 2.2 million morale). Not sure how many people can be in the resource instance at once.

Thikil-gundu is long, and I barely finished the first time I did it. A lot of mobs in a lot of rooms. Be sure to check upstairs in the library for both scholar nodes and things to collect.

Officer

Stormwall is geographically between the Withered Heath and Skarhald. When you get to the Black Book of Mordor Chapter 8.3, Durin wants you to go there. You may want to skip it until you have done Skarhald and gone to Glimmerdeep and returned to Skarhald. After you report what you saw in Glimmerdeep, Agatur will send you to Stormwall. If you wait until then, you can avoid going twice.

Officer

In the Thikil-gundu instance, watch that the quest does advance as you move through the rooms. If you are past what it says is the goal, you may have to go back and move to the right spot to get it to advance.

I have also noticed that the dwarves sometimes stop fighting when there are mobs still active. Not sure why, but sometimes I ended up having to defeat the last few mobs myself to get them to engage again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: