Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roason

re: Greetings and an Introduction

Hello all, and thank you for accepting my application.  My participation in the kinship will be highly unusual in that I plan to join in this site; but not in-game.  Therefore I feel that an explanation is in order.

I am currently a member of, and officer of another Kinship - which I do not desire to leave.  It is a very small kinship dedicated to Crafting, and Role Playing.  We don't actively recruit; but interact with many other RP kinships in events.  Our name is "Middle Earth Craft and Wares", which reflects our focus.  I originally joined the kinship since I really like crafting.  It's a bit of an obsession with me.  However, it's downright impossible to do any serious group activities with fellow kinmates.  Many simply aren't interested in leveling (some even use the Tortoise stone to halt leveling).  A few are occasionally interested in group activities; but they aren't usually near my level.  My participation in World Pick-up groups has been hit or miss.  So - I determined to find a welcoming kinship that does regular group material.  Shadowbane seems to fit that - so I applied.

A few random bits about me and my LOTRO presence:

• I'm a middle aged guy who used to play paper-and-pencil RP games in college and after college.  Not doing that any more; but I have fond memories.
  • I have 13 toons on my main account with room for 2 more characters.  I usually have VIP active, but I'm keeping the two extra slots in case I let that lapse.
  • I have every craft covered 100%; meaning that I have at least one toon for each specialty at max level; and at max guild rep.  I'm raising two extra backups for Tailor, Metalsmith, and Jeweler - so I can have 3 each for those professions.  That's to help mitigate the guild recipe CD's if I get a burst order.  My intent is to ultimately raise all toons to 100 so they have access to level and rep gated recipes (those pesky Mirkwood and now Fanghorn recipes) and the highest crit rate.
  • I have every race, every sex, and every class.
  • I maintain 5 other accounts (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon) as F2P accounts just for storage.  Out of the membership of this I have also formed a storage kinship (Gringots) for even more storage.  My main kinship owns about 70% of one neighborhood which we use for an extensive kinship vault system.  I'm one of the maintainers of that neighborhood (since I contributed 7 houses to the cause).
  • Most of my toons are mid 30 to 40.  I have 1 at 68 (Savoree - Warden - Cook).   I have 3 at 100 (Roason - RK - Tailor; Belois - LM - Metalsmith; Feorlloth - Beorning - Jeweler).
  • My current focus is on Feorlloth - I'm trying to grind out all the end-game gear for her.  When I get the urge to level someone; I work on my Warden.

I need to figure out the best way to keep in touch with folks in-game.  At this stage, I'm planning to work through the kinship calendar on this site.  I look forward to joining you for some activities.  And it goes without saying that I'm more than happy to provide crafting services to any who ask.  If I have mats in abundance; I'll even through that in.

Gabriele^
Successor

Awarded:

re: Greetings and an Introduction

Much of what we announce in kin mail is also announced here. The calendar is not complete as we do groups spontaneously during the week. I'll add your main to my friends list and see if you are around when we do things during the week.

Jump to: