Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaixPeregrinus

re: Hi there. Looking to join, if possible.

Hi there, I'm SaixPeregrinus here, or Laleliel in LOTRO, or Zach outside. I'm a long time LOTRO player that is looking to make a casual re-emergence back into the game. A bit about myself is in order, I suppose, so bear with me, it might be a bit long winded.

I started LOTRO back in May of 2007, right after beta - although since I missed the pre-order and was, at the time, not in charge of my own finances, I did not get the founder title or the lifetime sub, but oh well :) - and played a majority of my time on the Vilya server, where I actively gathered and ran community and kinship oriented instances at every level while leveling nine toons through the content gradually. I officered in two guilds while there, and eventually lead end-game raids, as well as helped organize retro runs like 24 man helegrod and 12 man rift runs when possible; this being before they were scaled and offering bonuses to be used. I always loved playing this game, not specifically for the mechanics or anything, but for the communities and kinships that existed in it. Both of my previous kinships have been laid back, happy-go-lucky and community driven/focused. Reading your CoC, I know immediately that this is what you value, and I want very much to be a part of it.

Outside of LOTRO I have played RIFT, GW2, FFXIV, TESO, and SWTOR. I enjoyed FFXIV and SWTOR the most, although I left each due to various reasons, SWTOR being that I disagreed with EA's approach to F2P (I think Turbine's is the way to go) and FFXIV due to a lack of finding the right community to share my values and interests with. I am very much rooted in a game by the Kinship/Guild. Without the appropriate community, the content is meaningless - to an extent.

In my other MMO's, I do tend to gravitate towards PvE raiding and instance running, so I'm sure I'll be pushing to go through dungeons on-level as I arrive at them. In SWTOR, despite not finding a Guild specifically, I managed to, as a neutral, non-affiliated player, bring three different guilds together to eventually do nightmare (Tier 3) raids in the end game, which was fun. I'm not afraid of wiping, and I like to teach through instances to people not familiar with them. Of course, that means I have to know them first, which means I like to learn all about the best ways and most thorough ways to run instances. I used to also roll an alt of every single class so as to learn basics on their skill combos, although with how LOTRO has grown, and how my time has been restricted since then, I'm not sure I would be able to continue that.

I'm not a big PvP'r, although I'm game for anything at least a little. As for RP, I'm always interested in a good story, but I usually fall short of being a super quality addition; I'm much better suited to background character and detail work. :)

Outside of game I'm currently enrolled in University and studying to be a teacher. Specifically, I like and want to teach Social Sciences, especially History and Economics.

If you want to chatter some more, I'm open to talk and would love to get in contact soon in game. I have just finished creating a character on Landroval named Laleliel, and will hopefully be on in the evenings between 7 and 11 PM CST M-F.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you all in game soon!

Gabriele^
Successor

Awarded:

re: Hi there. Looking to join, if possible.

Welcome to the kin and thanks for the great introduction. 

We've put the word out and are trying to get you an in game invite. Hope to meet you soon. Don't hesitate to ask if there is anything you need. Everyone is very easy to get along with and helpful.

Gab

Jump to: