Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogthorn

re: Hello from Bogthorn

Thankyou for the welcome, I especially appreciate the resource tool that was given to me, (I would thank the person who gave it to me specifically but the server is currently down). I have dabbled in a few mmos, my first was some Star Trek thing in a chatroom of AOL back in 93? Since I had to pay for the internet connection as a long distance phonecall that did not last long after my parents got the first bill. Since then I have played mostly singleplayer RPGs with a few MMOs thrown in (Lineage(for about a year), SWG (highlight was my landspeeder being stolen on my first day in Mos Eisley), SWTOR (played for the first year then RL got in the way), dabbled in WOW but never went past the free level 20.

I have been playing this off and on since 2010? Started playing this game with my daughter about a year ago on a different server, but she has moved to Taiwan with her Grandmother so she can go to a better school and keep up her Chinese. I am also trying to focus on getting a new job, my wife claims a military retirement check is not enough to live on, What? thats why she still has a job right? I try to restrict myself to 1-2 hours of play a day, with the rest of the day focused on job hunting and other chores. But it does not always work out like that.

Oh about my characters, I plan on being a f2p character until I obtain rl employment, but i did enough grinding to get the beorning class and the extra character slot for a current total of three, besides Bogthorn, I currently have "Fenmibeam" Level 13ish Human Loremaster and "Mohtas" a Level 14ish Elven Hunter. I have completed a good portion of bree but I am about to go in search of Bombadill in the Old forest. I am currently having fun with my speed of leveling as it gives me a chance to explore the story but any suggestions to improve the experience would be appreciated.

Well they better fix the server soon, or I will be giving you an expanded history of my childhood, or some somewhat seedy sea stories. Looking forward to seeing you in game, Bogthorn/Fenmibeam/Mohtas

GeekyKajirusGeek

re: Bogthorn

Was quite helpful this morning to me as i asked in world chat about joining up with Shadowbane, he provided the link for the website and was beyond helpful, i look forward to talking to other kin members as well if i am approved into the kink

Gabriele^
Successor

Awarded:

re: Hello from Bogthorn

Hey Bogthorn

Welcome to the kin and thanks for the great intro. It made me laugh reading about SWG as that is the first experience I had in that game when some guy in Mos Eisley "trying to help me" asked me to sign my speeder over to him and then he would return it to me. LOL. What a wretched hive of scum and villainy!  Still...that was a great game. 

Jump to: