Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Michaleo
Officer

re: Update 25 Minas Morgul Live notes

Near the end of the Black Book, at the top of Minas Morgul, you will reach 14.2 Gothmog's Rage, which is a quest instance. It took me 6 tries to complete it. Being defeated sent me back to the bottom of Minas Morgul, requiring another run back up the levels. Very annoying. Here's what I finally figured out:

After some drama outside, you go in and confront Gothmog. The fight was not hard: first, 3 mobs in sequence, then the same all at once. Culang helps.

Then you fight Gothmog. You get a huge buff (damage and mitigations), so that fight is not hard either. The problem comes next.

It turns out you did not defeat Gothmog, he has been toying with you. He begins a sequence where circles appear on the floor and burst into flame (46k damage to me). You need to dodge the circles (no fighting). After a while, a set of NPCs appears with quest rings. You will need to click on them (you have to stand still for the induction).  If you survive dodging the damage circles and click on all the NPCs, you win.

It turns out the damage circles are not random, but are essentially a checkerboard that alternates with the damage circles on the black squares then the white squares. I strafed left and right with the Q and E keys. Don't wait for the circle to appear before moving. As soon as the flame disappeared, I started moving to the spot where it had been.

The NPCs appeared in a row behind where I had been at the end of the previous fight. Once I realized that fact, I moved back before Gothmog started the circles so the NPCs were in front of me. It helped to zoom out a little.

Once you've done the last NPC, the circles stop and it's over.

After that was completed, I still managed to die doing the next chapter, falling through a gap in the floor I didn't notice, but I didn't have to redo the hard part.

If you find an easier way to beat this, let me know. I'll have to do it 3 more times.

Officer

re: Update 25 Minas Morgul Live notes

The Black Book of Mordor concludes with 14.5 A Final Escape and rewards a cloak and the second trait point.

It is followed by a very long epilogue that explains and ties together many things. The rewards are three housing items: two wall surfaces and a floor surface reminiscent of the Halls of Memory used in telling the story. Someone more steeped in the lore might explain which parts are canon and which parts are invention.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: