Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avellyn!!

re: Greetings and Salutations!

First, I want to say I am really excited to be here.

I started playing LOTRO at the end of July last year with a real life friend, who was a long time LOTRO playing. I happened to start during some crazy double xp extravaganza and got my hunter to 75 so fast I missed a lot of the game content. I got to 75 and wasn't sure I really liked the hunter and was having to backtrack to finish out so much stuff I missed I ended up completely overwhelmed and stopped playing about 6 weeks after I had started.

Now, its 8 months later and I have found myself really wanting to play LOTRO again. I still consider myself to be a complete newbie to LOTRO, especially after a hiatus and so many changes that have come out since then that I want to sort of start over and really enjoy LOTRO as it is supposed to be.

I am a long time MMO player and know my favorite aspect of any game I've played is the community. Having people to play with that enjoy the game as much as I do is important to me and my first mission was to find the right kin. I've spent a couple of weeks reading over the Landroval Kin forums and finally came across the Shadowbane information. Shadowbane seemed to meet the criteria I was looking for in a kin and I am glad you all have decided I meet yours as a kinnie.

My plan now is to get back into LOTRO with my minstrel (currently level 28) and actually learn the ins and outs of LOTRO and level at a pace where I can experience all the game has to offer. I am really excited to spend time with you all and hopefully not make a nuisance of myself with millions of questions.

Fiorcha / Calenith

Avellyn!!

Since there is no edit option, I apologize now for all the grammatical errors above. I re-read it and cringed!

Gabriele^
Successor

Awarded:

There's an edit option at the top right of your post, but no worries.

Welcome Fiorcha! I know what you mean about not really getting the most out of the game at first. I don't think I really got comfortable with everything until I got to Moria around lvl. 50. The XP disabler I bought not too long ago also really helped me to control the pace of leveling and enjot the content a bit more as well. Anyhow, welcome to the Kin, hope to see you in Middle-Earth soon!
Tyraleth
Officer

Welcome!

I understand what you mean by being rushed. I came back after being away for a year, and took Tyraleth to 85. I then realized I had no idea how to heal on her. So I turned to my RK Ronaldir, and with an XP disabler, to learn to play my character as I went.
Theozen
Theo of Middle Earth

Awarded:

Gabriele^ wrote:
There's an edit option at the top right of your post, but no worries.

Gab, I cannot edit my posts either. It states it right at the bottom of the threads. I meant to bring this up before. This is what I see at the bottom of the threads:

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

Theo
Theozen
Theo of Middle Earth

Awarded:

.. Ande welcome to the Kin Fiorcha!
CYA in the game.

Theo
Gwinren
simbelsim

Welcome, Fiorcha! Looking forward to seeing you in game!

As to the side issue of not being able to edit one's posts, I've come across it, too.

Welcome back to middleearth and welcome to the kin!!!
Hope to see you ingame sometime Happy)))

xx Ayodele.
Avellyn!!

Oh, I am back from being MIA and I am once again behind. Oh my!

Any tips and hints on getting from 85 to 95? :)

Glad to be back!!!

Michaleo
Officer

Welcome back! If you don't already have it, be sure to take advantage of the Helm's Deep half-off sale.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?546114-Limited-Time-Sale-50-off-Helm-s-Deep%E2%84%A2-April-11th-%E2%80%93-17th&p=7139020#post7139020

Getting from 85 to 95 by questing in West Rohan was pretty easy.  I had to use the XP disabler to do things on-level.  The epic quests did a pretty good job of leading you through the different areas.  The big warbands are more aggressive, so keep your distance unless you're part of a group.

You'll get lots of quest gear, so don't bother upgrading anything until you get to 95.  If you have good 85 LIs, they will probably be just fine (unless the latest update has radically changed things).

When you get to Big Battles, find someone to duo them with.  They can be frustrating solo, and it's the same battle whether you have one or two.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: