Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thystlethorn

re: Hullo from Canada!

Hi everyone! I just joined Shadowbane and am excited to be here! A little about me: I am 32, and live in Calgary, Canada (GMT -7). I am a new mom but I hope not to turn into Clara from "The Guild" (if you've never seen "The Guild", I very much recommend checking it out on YouTube, it's hilarious). My game time is limited to a couple hours in the early afternoon, generally, and I am on anywhere from 5 to 12ish hours a week, depending on all the random factors of life.

I've been playing LOTRO off and on for about three years, but have only gotten "serious" about learning the game mechanics in the past year or so. I started Thystlethorn to do it properly from the ground up. As I write this I have finally started exploring Moria, which is both exciting and sad, since I bought access to it before the game went F2P. My goal is to make it through Rohan before splitting my focus on alts.

Other than that, I look forward to meeting you all in game, and helping out however I can!
Patrix
Patr1x
Leader

We are certainly glad to have you, Thystle! How are you finding Moria so far? Living up to your expectations?

Thanks! I am enjoying it so far. But I suspect it's because they've finished the re-vamp of it... I know I've heard people bemoaning having to go into Moria. I thought I might get lost and frustrated (the Misty Mountains made me stabby a couple times with the map not being nearly specific enough for me to get to where I wanted), but so far so good! I really liked the Gates of Moria intro quest for its story, and how they connected it to the Fellowship's. No spoilers though, for anyone who hasn't run it. I am also getting a kick out of the number of NPC dwarves voiced by women being as growly as possible.

My new favourite thing is tweaking my Legendary weapons. I had no idea I would have so much fun puttering around at the relic-master. It's like crafting, but with no huge stacks of materials to process Happy
Thystlethorn

re: RP tag along?

I wanted to ask, too, how people feel about RP tag-alongs? I am interested in trying some role play but I have pretty much zero experience at it and don't want to blunder my way through too badly without observing more experienced RPers first.
Tyraleth
Officer

Hello and welcome from your friendly RP Officer!

We would love to have you just blunder your way through. Seriously, though, most of our RPers are fairly new, and you would fit right in. We try to have a few events a month, but I am also willing to foster any one-one-one RP if it makes you more comfortable. We will be having an event this Saturday at 8pm EST (-5 GMT). You can also contact me anytime in game as Tyraleth or Ronaldir.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: