Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michaleo
Officer

re: Michaleo says, 'Hello!'

Hello friends!

I have been playing since June, starting on a different server but moving to Landroval when I decided to stick around for a while. LOTRO is my first serious MMO, although I have done trials of many of them over the years. I'm a retired software person, so I'm fascinated by the game on many levels, from the lore that I read as a child, to the sensory experience of the game, to the complex modeling of game physics, biology and psychology, to the personalities and stories in the quests, to the amazing software structures needed to implement this universe for thousands of people around the world. The social aspect of the game is something I've only begun to try.

I'm not dexterous enough to succeed at console video games, but as an engineer and mechanical puzzle collector, I enjoy the challenge of figuring out how things work and how to solve problems. There's a lot to explore (and a lot more since I took advantage of the sale and spent a bunch of TP on quest packs last weekend). I've done some crafting, but haven't yet had time to look at music or skirmishes. I'm taking my time to check out different things rather than rushing to level up, so I won't be ready for raids or mounted combat for a while, but it's good to have something to look forward to!

I've been mostly f2p, and have alts on different accounts to try out different races, classes and vocations. I did buy the Mithril Edition ($10) because it seemed like a good deal, but so far I haven't felt limited by not being VIP. When I get to that point, I'm happy to pay but I want to see how far I can go as f2p.

My main Michaleo is a human hunter in the mid-30s as I write this.

I'm in California, and am a night person, so I've been on until the servers shut down more than once. My schedule is flexible, so I can be on earlier on occasion.

I've enjoyed meeting several of you already and look forward to encountering more of you in my travels.
Theozen
Theo of Middle Earth

Awarded:

Welcome to the Kin! I can tell you that the game only gets better the more you play. There is just so much to experience, no matter what your goal is.
Please don't hesitate to ask for help and hope to see you in in the game.

Theo
Gabriele^
Successor

Awarded:

Thought I would take the opportunity to welcome you to Shadowbane. I have seen you online and want to offer to help in anyway I can while you are leveling your characters. I also invite you to our craft faire which will take place this weekend. Take advantage of the crafters we will have available to help you get the weapons and armour you need. Also, take a look at the vault and send requests for items in there to Edgetho and we will get that to you.

Nice to meet you. See you in game.

Gabriele

Welcome again! I chatted with you in-game. Happy This is a very helpful kin and lotro is a great game!
xx Ayodele.
Gwinren
simbelsim

Welcome! I think I've seen you online once, although we didn't speak. If you ever need a hand with anything, plese don't hesitate to ask.

Glad to have you join our kin, all the people here are amazing. Hope you have lots of fun!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: